This Season and Broadcast Has Come to An End

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that as of Wednesday, December 30, 2016, All Christmas Internet Radio will cease to broadcast Christmas music.

This was not the plan, and was not something that I had even considered in recent years.
However, sometimes decisions are made for you - and this is most definitely the case.

I won't go into great detail, but I will simply say that 3 judges who are appointed by the Library of Congress decided on December 16th, 2015, to make it virtually impossible for any small or independent broadcasters to exist on the internet. At this very moment, there are thousands of stations just like mine that are closing up shop before the New Year. That is a massive variety of music programming that is being lost forever. You didn't know it, but your freedom to choose an alternative broadcast/station has just been severely limited.

I want to thank you, my wonderful audience, for all of the wonderful emails and Facebook messages you have sent me over the past 15 years. I am deeply moved that so many people would choose my little station to be the soundtrack for their Christmas shopping, present wrapping, tree trimming, dinner eating and family gatherings. These moments are not something that I have ever taken for granted. Thank you for sharing a part of your life with me in that way.

I want to thank all of the artists and musicians that have sent me CDs, MP3s and links to songs that they have recorded in the hopes that I might play them on All Christmas Internet Radio. I am continually reminded of the talent and creativity that exists in our world, and I have been introduced to some fabulous music that I otherwise would have never known existed. Thank you for sharing the results of your blood, sweat, tears and toil with me. While I did not select every song sent my way to be played on this station, I did give each and every song a fair listen and was glad to have been introduced to you. I hope that you all keep writing, recording and producing the unique content that you have provided to me.

For the past 15 years, All Christmas Internet Radio has provided free streaming Holiday music all year, constantly spreading the cheer. Sadly, the time has come for that run to end.

I pray that you will continue to celebrate Christmas every day.
Emmanuel: God is with us!
May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you and lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Don't forget the true meaning of Christmas:

Thank you for sharing your lives with me.
Jeremy (aka NotTheGrinch)
Founder/Broadcaster
All Christmas Internet Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment